One Month to Live – Day 29 – Game Over

Day 29 is about game over – dying to live.   This day is in your future, and for some, it is coming sooner than later.  Maybe not in the next 30 days, but maybe in the next 30 minutes.  I don’t have a crystal ball to be able to tell you when.  But I can say with 100% certainty your day will come.  Death will happen.  You will face your Maker face to face.  81% of Americans today believe in life after death.  Not sure what the other 19% think, but that doesn’t change the fact that there is life after we die – there is a heaven and a hell – it is for eternity and that is a very long time.  So what is life all about?  It is completely and totally about determining where we will spend eternity.  That boils it down pretty well.  There are two very important facts that each of us have to deal with:

1.     What I do with Jesus determines WHERE I will spend eternity

2.     What I do with what God has entrusted me (time, talents, and treasure) will determine HOW I spend that eternity

 

If you haven’t read anything during these thirty days, the most important stuff is in this post today.  Heaven is a perfect place for perfect people and the problem is, you are not perfect.  You and I are sinners.  We will not get in on our own.  When we expire life on this earth and stand before God at judgment day, our ticket to heaven is determined by our ability to be holy and perfect and completely obedient to His commandments.  I guarantee we both will fail that requirement.  We are not perfect and we have a problem called sin.  The Bible teaches us that Jesus came to deal with our sin problem.  When we accept Christ as our Savior and Lord, our sin problem is washed away, white as snow, and God no longer looks upon our sin but only on the cleansing blood of Jesus shed on Calvary’s cross.  Once we know where we will spend our eternity, it is time to focus on how that very long time will be spent.

 

That is why how we live matters so much.  That is why the principles and challenges of this 30 day challenge matter.  Because we have to live every day as a preparation for eternity.  We have to focus on things that last.  Anything less is really just robbing our future.  Unfortunately many of us act like we are going to live forever.  We seem to think that we have plenty of days to spend our time, talents and treasures the right way – that is for another day.  But you all read the paper every day and realize that life is fragile and there certainly is no guarantee.  Your last breath could come today.  Are you ready?  Have you secured your future and the way you will spend that future?  We are not living a game here.  Life matters.  It will determine eternity.  And that is why we have to be very diligent to make sure we help others see that too.  God has given us a very important task – to help people deal with their eternal future.  Are you doing that?  Who will you talk with today?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: